Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Weigh in Eve

Tomorrow is the next to last work out day of this particular bootcamp.  It's the day we test out,  pushups, sit ups, and run a half mile(well, some run... I will walk fast, jog a little,and walk fast some more). Then we have a killer workout, consisting of everything we would have done in an hour shoved into about 40 minutes.  It'll be horrible and wonderful all at the same time.  It's exhilarating to push your body beyond limits you thought existed and survive to moan about it later.  Then tomorrow evening, we'll face the tape measure and scale.  I can tell by my clothing that the scale will be my enemy, the tape measure a foe.  So what will I do?  Perhaps a little more berating of myself for allowing life to throw me curve balls and for my failure to knock them out of the park ... to take them without swinging.  Then, I'll take a deep breath, congratulate myself for making all the workouts but one, and begin to get ready for the next one that begins in 10 days.  I won't explode, in fact, people are still asking how much more weight have I lost... None, I say, but thank them for making me feel better.  Eighty two pounds ago, I never thought this current body existed anymore.  Nine bootcamps ago, I didn't know I still loved to swing a kettle bell, or do exercises til my muscles trembled and sweat poured off me like a river.  I promise myself that I have to live in the midst of this transformation, be flexible with the regimen, and gentle with my self because I'm still tender in this new place in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss!! I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. You are at a tender spot. You've just lost all this weight and now you need to figure out what that looks like for you. The best thing to do is to keep things simple. Keep doing all the great things you did to lose the weight, keep exercising, and stay firm. There is a great book on weight maintenance when you are ready called "Refuse to Regain" by Barbara Berkley. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane, I have that book on my Amazon wish list. I still have about 50 plus pounds to lose, but as my BFF and mentor through much of this process has told me through countless plateaus, this is where I learn to maintain.
    I actually did better than I thought/hoped to do. I added a pound of muscle and lost 7 inches overall. Scale did NOT budge. Oh well, damn the scale...onward! Love your blog... and thanks for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete