Sunday, February 17, 2013

Off week

This past week was my off week from Bootcamp.  We left on Friday and took the Fifth Wheel to Dillard, Ga to camp for our Valentine's Day.  Good friends of ours traveled with us in their new motorhome.  As Nancy's grandson so aptly put it, they went for the WOW factor this time!  It's a gorgeous new ride and getaway.  The weather was fantastic, we sat around the fire in the shelter all day yesterday, just chatting and enjoying being outside.  We even saw our fair share of snow flurries.
We didn't hurry to do anything. Ate twice on Friday and Saturday.  It was just good to unwind and spend some quality time with my Valentine.  Last night we snuggled up really close, because our furnace would not come on ... after almost 2 hours of trying.  It was hilarious and frustrating all at the same time.  Thank goodness for a hubby that always has body heat to share, hot flashes, an electric fireplace and a huge sense of humor!
Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.  I have given up sweets/sugar for Lent.  I already feel better.  It will be most interesting to see what difference this makes, and if it finally busts my craving for ultra sweet sweets.  Bootcamp 2 starts tomorrow and I'm behind on my cooking because of the travel time home today.  Gotta get it going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment