Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My daughter is awesomeness

My only child, my daughter, is total awesomeness.  We've been through a lot together, she and I.  The most intense was the 10 monthes I carried her and the 29 hours I labored to finally bring her into the world via a c-section.  She is all the best parts of me and her father, and her other biological relatives.  It's amazing to see bits and pieces of our family members in her sense of humor, her unwavering loyalty, her truthfulness.  She is hardest on herself, like all of us.  She never cuts herself a break, and will be the first to say I'm sorry if she truly believes she's in the wrong.  She is stubborness personified.  This isn't all bad considering her recent separation and impending divorce from her husband.  She told me very matter of factly after a couple weeks of being back home that she was indeed ok.  She had thought about it, and had come to the conclusion that his first marriage ended in less than a year, his second relationship ended with the gal leaving him for another woman, and now this marriage was ending after less than 2 years.  She said the only common denominator in all that hot mess was him.  Wow.  I'd still be figuring out how to wreak havoc in his life, and she's very calmly and decisively moved on to find her own happiness.  Yep, she's total awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment